Watch how to make it here
If you’re a fan of avocado toast, why not try a Vietnamese avocado smoothie? This super creamy drink or dessert is perfect any time of the year. Blended with sweetened condensed coconut milk and soy milk, it’s very smooth and creamy.
A few notes:
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk can be bought or made at home (instructions listed below).
- Unsweetened soy milk is the best plant milk for this recipe otherwise use oat milk.
- Add soy or coconut yogurt as a topping for extra creaminess.
- Use less ice for an even creamier smoothie.
VIETNAMESE AVOCADO SMOOTHIE (SINH TỐ BƠ)
- Avocado Smoothie
- 2 avocados
- 1.5 tbsp sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 1 tsp dried mint
- Step 1 In a sauce pan, heat up the coconut milk and sugar. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes until it reduces in half. Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can use store-bought sweetened condensed coconut milk and skip this step.
- Step 2 Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh. Add it to a blender along with 1.5 tbsp of sweetened condensed coconut milk, ice cubes, and unsweetened soy milk. Blitz until everything is blended. For a creamier consistency, lightly blitz until just blended. For a more liquid consistency, blend for a longer period of time.
- Step 3 For extra creaminess, top with soy yogurt and dried mint. This is optional but highly recommended.