If you’re looking for a healthy and light breakfast that will keep you satisfied for hours, then this is the recipe for you! It’s a warm hug in a bowl and just takes less than 8 minutes to make. Start your day with this satisfying oatmeal breakfast bowl.
If I had to choose one breakfast to eat the rest of my life, it would be this Quadruple Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl. Not only does it taste incredible, but it’s healthy and most importantly, it makes you feel good.
I used to rely on greasy or sugary breakfast items and would crash after 2 hours or get hungry again. This keeps me satisfied for hours and helps me make smarter lunch and dinner decisions.
The banana naturally sweetens the oatmeal and the berries turn the oatmeal into a rich, purple color. The nut butter is a great source of protein and the seeds provide us with fiber, healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, iron and calcium.
This oatmeal is perfect to make on a weekday before you head to school or work. If you gave this recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram @tifflovestofu or let me know in the comments below. I’d love to see or hear how it turned out for you. ?
Quadruple Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana (½ for oatmeal and the other ½ as a topping)
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Step 1 In a small pot, heat up oats, water, and half a banana (cut the banana into coins). Let it simmer for 7-8 minutes or until the oats have absorbed the water, stir occasionally.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, slice the strawberries and the other half of the banana and set to the side.
- Step 3 Pour oatmeal into a bowl, and top with banana coins, strawberries, raspberries, nut butter, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds.
- Step 4 Notes: For any leftovers, store in an airtight container up to 1 day. This is best eaten fresh or by the next day.