Watch how to make it here
Some breakfasts are so satisfying like adding loads of cream cheese to a bagel or toast. This vegan cream “cheese” recipe made from tofu and cashews is delightful as a bagel spread. It’s a high-protein, nutritious, and topping that you’ll enjoy for breakfast.
A few notes:
- Cashews are used in this recipe to achieve the creamy texture associated with cream cheese.
- If you have time, refrigerating it for a few hours will give it time to set. No worries if not, it can still be enjoyed as soon as it’s blended together.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
1 cup raw cashews
8 oz firm tofu, pressed
1 tbsp capers
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 garlic cloves
1/4 lemon, juiced
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp ground white pepper
- Soak the cashews in a bowl with about 1.5 cups of boiling water for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy on a bagel, toast, or crackers!