Watch how to make it here
Have you seen egg prices these days? They are expensive. Here’s a cheaper, tastier, plant-based alternative if you’re craving scrambled eggs: tofu scramble on toast. Garlicky and umami flavor, it’s a delicious breakfast option!
A few notes:
- Yondu Vegetable Umami Sauce is an all-purpose seasoning that can be used to create quick and easy meals. It tastes similar to fish sauce. Here’s a link to where to purchase it. You can get this sauce on Amazon with 15% off (Valid until January 22, 2023) and using the code TIFFLYOND will add an additional 10% off (My code is valid until February 19, 2023) – making it up to 25% off the total and can be used 1 time by 1 account.
- Store any leftover tofu scramble in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat on a pan or in a microwave.
Tofu Scramble on Toast
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp yondu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of Kala Namak Black Salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup kimchi
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 slices of bread
- Step 1 Combine the minced garlic, yondu, turmeric, black pepper, black salt and water in a bowl. Prep the cilantro and use scissors to cut kimchi into bite sized pieces.
- Step 2 Heat up 1 tsp of oil to a pan and add the bread. Toast for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Step 3 In the same pan, add the remaining oil and crumble the tofu with your hands. After it heats up for a couple minutes, add the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the cilantro and mix well.
- Step 4 Transfer the tofu to each piece of bread. Top it off with kimchi, cilantro, and sriracha. Enjoy immediately.