Watch how to make it here
I like to say that this coconut coffee jelly is one of my favorite desserts to make because it is practically error-free. There are just four simple ingredients that go into this jelly: coconut milk, iced coffee, agar-agar powder, and rock sugar. The dessert can be served plain or topped with fruit, nuts, or syrup. A light and cold dessert like this is refreshing after a hot meal.
- Agar-agar is a jelly-like substance that is made from red algae. It is a gluten-free, vegan substitute for gelatin.
- Rock sugar is made from unprocessed sugar cane. The sugar is commonly used in Asian cooking and has a slightly less sweet taste than white sugar.
- The coffee won’t be bitter from being boiled because of the rock sugar.
- Any container with a lid can be used to store this jelly. The glass container used for this recipe was 7.5”L x 5.5”W x 2.5” H.
- Store the jelly in the fridge and consume it within 5 days.