Watch how to make it here
Recipe begins at 0:28
We have all tried potatoes baked, mashed, and fried, but what about stir-fried? From start to finish, this Chinese Shredded Potato Stir Fry will be ready in 15 minutes and goes perfectly with rice.
A few notes
- For any leftovers, store in an airtight container up to 2 days. This texture and taste will grow tired past the 2 day period.
- You can use any potatoes but I find that Russet potatoes is best for this dish. It is crispier than other potatoes and holds well together after it is julienned.
- The quickest and most efficient way to julienne potatoes is to use a peeler. The Kiwi brand peeler is affordable and does the job well.
- The chili oil is optional but highly recommended. Lao Gan Ma is the best store-bought chili oil if you are running short on time for a homemade version.
- If you don’t have access to Chinese Black Vinegar, white distilled vinegar can serve as a substitute.
This Chinese shredded potato stir fry is:
& SO Delicious!
Please let me know if you gave this recipe a try. Leave a comment below or tag a photo on Instagram @tifflovestofu. I’d love to see or hear how it turned out for you.
Chinese Shredded Potato Stir Fry