Watch how to make it here
The chewy udon noodles combined with the savory sate sauce and the meaty mushrooms make this dish the perfect 10-minute weeknight meal.
A few notes:
- Regular soy sauce can be used as a substitute for sweet soy sauce.
- My lemongrass chili oil recipe can be found here and I would advise against substituting it. It is full of flavor since it already includes lemongrass, garlic, shallots, and several other essential spices.
- If oyster mushrooms are not available at your local grocery store then shitake mushrooms would be a good substitute.
- Any other vegetables in your refrigerator can be added to this dish. The more greens, the better!
- This dish is best enjoyed immediately. However, if there are any leftovers, please enjoy them within 1 day.