Watch how to make it here
We’ve all tried shepherd’s pie in some shape or form, but have you tried it with Impossible ground meat? This vegan interpretation of the classic dish does not disappoint and is a great meal during these cold winter days.
A few notes:
- If your local grocery store does not carry Impossible meat, you can try using any other plant-based meat or substitute with more mushrooms.
- To prevent the mashed potato topping from sinking, wait for the meat gravy to cool down.
- Although using red wine is highly recommended for this recipe, it can be substituted with a non-alcoholic beverage such as red grape juice or unsweetened cranberry juice to mimic the taste and color of red wine.
- As an alternative to a dutch oven or cocotte, you can cook the meat and vegetable mixture in a skillet and transfer it to a casserole dish.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave for a few minutes or bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.