Watch how to make it here
Turmeric lemongrass tofu spring rolls are the perfect, light summer meal that can be enjoyed with a delicious and creamy peanut sauce.
A few notes:
- Firm or extra firm tofu can be used for this recipe.
- Pre-chopped lemongrass can be found at most Asian grocery stores in the frozen section. It will save a ton of time!
- The rice paper size used in this recipe is 22cm. Any brand will taste great but I do prefer the Three Ladies Brand.
- Medium-sized Vietnamese rice vermicelli from the Three Ladies Brand is best used for this recipe.
- If allergic to peanuts, please find my almond dipping sauce recipe here. It tastes just as delicious.
Turmeric Lemongrass Tofu Spring Rolls
- Turmeric Lemongrass Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into thin rectangular slices
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 english cucumber, julienned
- Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- Rice paper, 22cm
- 2 oz medium-sized vermicelli noodles
- Step 1 In a Tupperware or bowl, combine garlic, black pepper, mushroom seasoning, sugar, turmeric, soy sauce, oil, and lemongrass. Mix well. Add the tofu slices to the Tupperware or bowl making sure they are evenly coated in the sauce. Set the tofu to the side to marinate.
- Step 2 Prepare the red bell pepper, cucumber, and romaine lettuce. Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the package. It usually takes about 7 minutes to boil.
- Step 3 Turn on the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it has been preheated, add the tofu to the air fryer and fry for 15 minutes, flipping halfway. You can also pan-fry over the stove for 4 minutes on each side. No need to add oil to the pan since the tofu is already coated in oil.
- Step 4 Assembly time! Completely dip one piece of rice paper in a large bowl of room temperature water for 5 seconds. Lay the rice paper on a clean, even surface such as a cutting board or plate. Add one small piece of romaine lettuce to the edge closest to you. Layer with a small number of noodles, a few pieces of cucumber, and red bell pepper. Add one piece of tofu 2 inches in front of the vegetable bed. Lift the edge closest to you and roll forward, pressing down the vegetable bed so it doesn’t fall out. Lift the left and right edges to close it and completely roll forward like a burrito.
- Step 5 Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy immediately!