Watch how to make it here
This vegan spam and egg dish can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s sweet and savory and tastes like a hug in a bowl.
A few notes:
- This post is not sponsored but I like to use Omni Foods Plant-Based Meat-Style Luncheon for the vegan spam and JUST Egg for the vegan scrambled eggs. I found the vegan spam at my local Sprouts supermarket and JUST egg can be found at most supermarkets such as Safeway, Whole Foods, Target etc.
- Kecap Manis is a sweet soy sauce used to flavor the vegan spam. If not available, free to use 1 tbsp of regular soy sauce and 1 tsp of sugar instead.
- I served this with broccoli since it is quick to cook. Feel free to use any frozen vegetables or cucumbers for a balanced meal.
- Sriracha makes all the difference and adds a mild spicy kick.
Vegan Spam and Eggs
- 2 slices of vegan spam
- 1/4 cup vegan liquid egg
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 cup boiled broccoli
- Step 1 Heat up a tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan. Add the vegan spam slices. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. After, use a scissor to cut into 1/2 inch square pieces and add it back to the pain. Drizzle one tablespoon of kecap manis and cook for one minute. Set aside.
- Step 2 In the same pan with the leftover oil from the vegan spam, add the vegan liquid egg. Wait for the edges to start forming before pushing one end of the pan to the other using a spatula repeatedly until the eggs are just cooked. Set aside.
- Step 3 Serve the vegan spam and egg along with steamed white rice and a side of quick cooking vegetables such as broccoli or green peas. Drizzle sriracha on top as a finishing touch.