Watch how to make it here
This is what I like to call ‘Clean Out the Fridge’ spring rolls because most vegetables can be used to make this dish. This is a no-waste solution to leftover vegetables in the fridge that are asking to be cooked. Combine with the fantastic four seasonings: soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, and vegan fish sauce for a super flavorful meal.
- My peanut sauce recipe can be found here.
- Any vegetables can be used for the filling such as cauliflower stems, carrots, zucchini, bean sprouts, enoki mushrooms, napa cabbage, and more. The key is to use vegetables that can be thinly sliced and soft enough to add to the spring rolls.
- Dried ingredients such as wood ear mushrooms, bean curd (tofu skin), or shiitake mushrooms are perfect for spring rolls. These ingredients last up to several months in the cupboard while still retaining their flavor.
- The 4 seasonings: soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, and vegan fish sauce are commonly used for Vietnamese stir-fry dishes. The combination is simple yet will add flavor to any dish. My vegan fish sauce recipe can be found here.
- Store the leftover cooked vegetable filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store the unused rice paper in a resealable bag in a cool and dry place away from humidity.