Watch how to make it here
Enjoy these low-carb, mushroom lettuce wraps! If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, but tasty meal then this one’s for you. Fresh lettuce, meaty mushrooms, and crispy shallots make this the perfect meal!
A few notes:
- Types of lettuce: Butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, or iceberg lettuce work best.
- Store any leftovers in a separate airtight container to prevent the lettuce from wilting.
- Sweet chili sauce recipe can be found here.
Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
- 1-2 king oyster mushroom, diced
- 3.5 oz package Shimeji mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp vegan fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Thin vermicelli noodles (For 1-2 servings, I would use ⅓ of the bag)
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Fried shallots
- Step 1 Cook the noodles according to the package.
- Step 2 Prep the mushrooms, cucumber, and carrot. In a non-stick pan, heat up olive oil and add the chopped mushrooms. Add about 3 tbsp of water to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for a few minutes. Once the mushrooms have shrunk to half its size, add the vegan fish sauce, soy sauce, vegan oyster sauce, sugar, black pepper, cilantro and lime. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes or until no liquid remains. The mushrooms should absorb all the liquid. Once it’s done, set it aside to cool down.
- Step 3 Assemble the lettuce in the following order: lettuce, noodles, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers, peanuts, and shallots. Repeat until you’ve reached your desired amount. Best to serve immediately.