Watch how to make it here
Thai Basil lettuce wraps are a fresh, healthy, and fun way to enjoy more greens. It only takes less than 30 minutes to put together which makes it an ideal meal for lunch or dinner.
A few notes:
- Dried or fresh shitake mushrooms can be used in this recipe. If using dried shitake mushrooms, soak them in a bowl of water overnight in the refrigerator.
- Thai basil is essential in this recipe and can not be substituted with Italian basil.
- Dark soy sauce is necessary as it provides color, mild sweetener, and flavor to the dish.
- Vegan fish sauce can be omitted if not accessible. It won’t taste the same but will still taste good.
- Textured vegetable protein can be substituted for vegan mince meat such as Omnipork or Impossible meat.