This vibrant vegan Vietnamese Papaya Mango salad will woo anyone it comes into contact with. Using fresh, high-quality ingredients, it can easily convert even the most salad hating person out there.
Vietnamese Papaya Mango salad
I hate salads. However, this salad is an exception. In my honest opinion, most salads out there are tasteless, bland, unsatisfying. Oftentimes, they leave me with debilitating stomach pain and bloating.
This salad is gentle on the stomach and makes you want to go for seconds. It’s naturally sweet, crunchy, deceptively light, and filling at the same time. The key to this delicious salad is using fresh, high-quality ingredients. It truly is that simple!
Tiff’s Vegan Fish Sauce Dressing
I did not think it was possible but I have finally developed a vegan fish sauce recipe that not only lives up to the original fish sauce but it is made with ingredients you probably already have at home. The soy sauce and white distilled vinegar create the salty base, while the sugar and lime provide a boost of sweetness and acidity to the sauce. The spicy Thai bird eye chili peppers and earthiness from the minced garlic brings all the flavors together. This vegan fish sauce can be whipped up in 2 minutes!
A few notes
- Please refrain from adding all the vegan fish sauce to the bowl to keep the salad fresh unless you will be eating the entire salad that day. As a pro tip, keep the vegan fish sauce in a separate jar and add only as needed.
- It is important to use fresh green papaya and not orange papaya. Green papaya is picked way before it matures while the orange papaya is fully mature. You can buy green papaya at your local Asian grocery store in the produce section.
- For ease and convenience, I highly recommend using a julienne peeler. This is one of the best tools to use in the kitchen and I can’t recommend it enough!
- Feel free to use king oyster mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms if you do not have access to oyster mushrooms.
- This salad will last 3 days in the fridge, any longer and it will get tired and lose its flavor.
This Vietnamese Papaya Mango salad is:
& So Tasty!
Please let me know if you gave this recipe a try. Leave a comment below or tag a photo on Instagram @tifflovestofu. I’d love to see or hear how it turned out for you.