Watch how to make it here
If you’re in charge of the side dishes during the holidays this year, you’ll have to try this cajun carrot recipe. It’s easy to make and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Light and creamy with a spicy kick, it’s a flavor bomb of a dish.
A few notes:
- Although it’s easier to buy ready-made cajun spice mix, it might be more expensive in the long run. I highly recommend investing in the seasonings listed under cajun seasoning, because they could be used individually for other meals too.
- The best plant-based plain yogurt is soy yogurt but any other type will work just as well.
- Parsley oil is optional but highly recommended as it adds bright color, flavor, and fragrance.
- Roasted Carrots
- 10 carrots, washed but not peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Chive Yogurt Dressing
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Chives, finely chopped
- Plant-based plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Toasted pecans
- 1 tsp parsley oil (a few sprig of parsley finely chopped with 1 tbsp olive oil)
- Step 1 Wash the carrots well since we won’t be peeling them. Chop off the carrot greens and save them for future use. Add all cajun seasonings in a jar and mix well. Add olive oil, 1.5 tbsp cajun seasoning, and carrots to a bowl and massage until carrots are fully covered. Transfer the carrots to an air fryer tray and spread in a single layer.
- Step 2 Heat up the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast for 15-18 minutes. If baking, heat up an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for 30 minutes or until soft enough for a fork to pierce through.
- Step 3 While the carrots are cooking, combine the yogurt, garlic, chives, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Heat up a pan and add pecans in a single layer. Let them sit for a minute before stirring. Repeat for 2-3 more minutes or until fragrant. Set aside. Finely chop a few sprigs of parsley and combine with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Step 4 Add yogurt to a plate, top with carrots, drizzle with parsley oil and add pecans. Enjoy immediately.