Watch how to make it here
Recipe begins at 1:02
Lemongrass noodles, a zesty and irresistible side dish that will steal the spotlight no matter what it’s paired with. Serve with a protein and vegetable of your liking for a complete meal.
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lemongrass sticked, minced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Fried tofu
- Sliced cucumbers
- Step 1 In a pot of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the spaghetti. Boil according to the instructions. After it’s done boiling, drain the water, and set the noodles to the side.
- Step 2 Prep the shallots, garlic, and lemongrass. To mince lemongrass, begin with peeling the outer layers until you reach the smooth center (refer to How to cook a Vietnamese Feast video on how to peel the layers). You will know that you reached the center when it smells incredibly fragrant and when you can slightly bend it. From here, go ahead and mince the white bulb. Sometimes you can get away with cutting past the white bulb but chances are the further away you cut from the bottom base, the tougher it will be to chop.
- Step 3 In a nonstick pan, on medium heat, add the oil and allow it to heat up for a few minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and allow it to fry for a few minutes. Once the shallots show signs of being golden, add the lemongrass. Allow the lemongrass to fry for a few minutes before adding the salt, black pepper, and the cooked spaghetti.
- Step 4 Mix everything well together and serve with your choice of protein and vegetables.