Looking for a light, but fulfilling snack (or small meal) that makes you feel good? Look no further because this lemongrass tofu & shiitake mushroom spring rolls will do just that. This is perfect anytime of the year!
If I had to choose between spring rolls and my other favorite food, dumplings, I would choose spring rolls. What can I say? I’ve been eating spring rolls since I was a child and there is nothing more comforting than a tightly packed, vegetable filled spring roll.
Almond Dipping Sauce
Although spring rolls are typically dipped in peanut sauce, almond sauce is a great alternative especially for those who are allergic to peanuts, can’t stomach it, or simply don’t like the taste of peanuts. This can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes and will be the perfect complement to the spring rolls.
6 Helpful Tips
- When you’re first starting out, try not to add too much filling to the spring roll. Start small for an easier and neater fold. It is always best to underfill then to overfill and have it tear.
- It is best to eat the spring roll immediately to prevent it from drying out.
- When dipping the entire rice paper in the warm bowl of water, make sure the entire surface is covered with water. Also, do not dip for more than 5 seconds otherwise the rice paper will become too sticky and fragile to roll.
- When in doubt, wrap it like a burrito!
- If you are looking for a nut free alternative sauce, you can always go with sweet chili sauce.
- I highly recommend eating this the day of. They can not be stored in the fridge as the texture of the spring roll will change.
I hope you love this spring roll recipe as much as I do. It is:
With the majority of us still in quarantine, this is a perfect dinner time activity to have with roommates or family. It is a great opportunity to hang out, talk, and eat.
Please let me know if you gave this recipe a try. Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo on Instagram @tifflovestofu. I’d love to see or hear how it turned out for you.
Rice paper: https://amzn.to/3aIpg7L
Vietnamese rice vermicelli: https://amzn.to/34mtSzD