Watch how to make it here
You might be familiar with Lao Gan Ma but have you heard of sate? This Vietnamese-inspired sate sauce (also known as lemongrass chili oil) is a spicy flavor bomb that elevates any dish.
A few notes:
- If you’re sensitive to spice, substitute bird eye chili peppers for red chili flakes or gochugaru.
- This is typically made with dried shrimp and fish sauce but we will omit those ingredients.
- To save time on prepping, you can buy frozen minced lemongrass at your local Asian grocery store.
- Neutral oils such as vegetable or canola oil work best for this recipe. Avoid sesame oil as it has a strong flavor.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refridgerator for up to two weeks. Make sure to use a clean utensil when scooping out the chili oil.