Watch how to make it here
Recipe begins at 1:07
Here’s a fun and healthy mini spring roll recipe that is perfect to serve as a snack or appetizer. It’s crispy, tasty, and so yummy!
Mini Baked Spring Rolls
- 8 oz Plant Based Ground Meat
- 1 carrot, minced
- 4-5 napa cabbage leaves, minced
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 2 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 oz bean thread vermicelli noodles
- 1 package vegan wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp oil
- Sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water, mix well
- Step 1 Add the noodles to a pot of boiling hot water for 4 minutes (or according to the instructions on the package). Next, prepare the carrots, mushrooms, and napa cabbage.
- Step 2 In a medium sized bowl, add the noodles, vegetables, and plant based ground meat together and mix well. Use kitchen scissors to cut up the noodles into small pieces. Season the mixture with mushroom seasoning, soy sauce, black pepper, sugar, and white vinegar.
- Step 3 In a nonstick pan, on medium heat, pan fry the mixture for 5-6 minutes. The mixture will cook quickly because it’s in small pieces. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool down in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 4 While the mixture is cooling down, head back to the stove to create the sweet chili sauce. In a small saucepan on medium heat, add the vinegar, sugar, water, sambal oelek, and red chili flakes. When it begins to boil, add the cornstarch slurry (mix the cornstarch with water) one teaspoon at a time for the sauce to thicken up. Once the sauce has thickened up, set it to the side to cool down. This sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Step 5 Preheat the oven to 410 degrees fahrenheit. On to the fun part, wrapping the spring rolls! Place one wonton wrapper with one of the corners pointing towards you. It should look like a diamond. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and lightly wet the top left and right edges. Add 1 teaspoon of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Pick up the corner pointing towards you and fold forward. Fold the left and right corners in and roll all the way. The wet edges should seal the roll together. Continue this until you run out of all the wrappers.
- Step 6 Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. With a basting brush, lightly grease the parchment paper with vegetable oil. Next, line up the baking sheet with the spring rolls and lightly brush each roll on all sides. Transfer the spring rolls to the oven and allow it to bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Flip the spring rolls halfway to ensure it is evenly golden on all sides. Serve with the sweet chili sauce and enjoy immediately. 🙂