Watch how to make it here
Here’s a healthy soup recipe enough to feed a village or serve as a meal prep for the week. This is perfect any time of the year especially if you’re looking for a meal that will leave you feeling happy and satisfied!
Healthy Vegetable Soup (Meal Prep)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch of curly kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 3-4 parsley sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cups hot water
- Step 1 Prepare and chop the following ingredients: garlic, a fennel bulb, shallot, kale, red bell pepper, carrot, zucchini, celery, and parsley.
- Step 2 Heat up the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes before adding the fennel bulb. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Step 3 Add the red bell pepper, carrot, zucchini, and celery. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 Add the kale, hot water, chickpeas, diced tomatoes. Cover with a lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Step 5 Take the lid off, add the parsley, miso paste, mushroom seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything well and serve immediately with bread. Alternatively, this can be served as meal prep and eaten throughout the week. Allow the soup to cool completely before storing in an airtight container (or the pot it was cooked in with the lid on) and eat within 4 days.