Watch how to make it here
@tifflovestofuMy take on cauliflower soup. The addition of the shitake mushrooms makes this next level. Enjoy 🤍♬ original sound – Tiffany
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp salt (1 tbsp for cauliflower, 2 tbsp for soup)
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Water (about 3 cups, add more if needed)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Shiitake mushrooms , sliced (pan fried for a few minutes with salt and pepper)
- Step 1 Pre-heat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep the cauliflower, onions, and potatoes. Add the cauliflower florets to a baking sheet, drizzle 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 On medium heat, add the extra virgin olive oil to a pot. After a minute, add the sliced yellow onions. Once the onions are slightly golden, add the potatoes along with 1/4 cup of water to deglaze the pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 3 *Optional* In a separate pan, heat up 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Add the shiitake mushrooms, salt and pepper. Pan fry for about 5 minutes until fully cooked through. Set aside.
- Step 4 When the cauliflower has finished roasting, add it to the pot with the onions and potatoes. Add enough water to cover the vegetables (about 3 cups). Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, blend the soup until creamy using a hand blender or stand blender. Add the butter, black pepper, and remaining salt. The butter should melt in a few minutes.
- Step 5 Garnish with shiitake mushrooms and fresh parsley. Enjoy!