All the savory flavors essential in Vietnamese cooking can be found in this meat-stuffed tofu in tomato sauce, but plant-based. Meaty, aromatic, and super flavorful – this juicy tofu dish is perfect for lunch or dinner!
A few notes
- For any leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Since we will only be using half of the plant-based meat package, feel free to save the other half to make another meal or freeze it for up to 6 months.
- If your local supermarket does not offer any pre-fried tofu, you can fry it yourself. Drain and press firm tofu for an hour then proceed to shallow fry until crispy and golden.
- The vegan fish sauce is essential to this dish and you can find my recipe here.
- The mushroom seasoning is also what gives this dish so much flavor. I highly recommend investing in this seasoning and it will make all your plant-based meals extra umami.
This Vietnamese stuffed tofu in tomato sauce is:
& SO Tasty!
Please let me know if you gave this recipe a try. Leave a comment below or tag a photo on Instagram @tifflovestofu. I’d love to see or hear how it turned out for you.